Fire protection for joints - AF Systems CE marked solutions
Expansion joints can absorb the movements of the structures between which they are fitted and are particularly useful in limiting the effects of temperature changes and shocks or vibrations.
AF Systems approaches the problem through fire protection systems that allow the joints to be secured from a fire safety perspective while considering structural requirements.
The key is the adoption of compressible or flexible systems that always ensure the integrity and a capacity for joint compression or expansion.
Let's take a look at the systems in more detail.
AF JOINT is a fireproof joint cover EI 180 certified under EN 1366-4 for the fire protection of vertical and horizontal expansion joints of nominal size between 30 and 600 mm. The system is EI 120 certified under EN 1364-4 to protect openings between floors and curtain walls.
With its fibres parallel to the direction where a fire may spread, AF JOINT can be easily compressed transversely during application and does not require mechanical fixings.
- Vertical and horizontal expansion joints;
- Joints between floors and curtain walls.
AF Joint advantages
- EI 180 on wall and floor up to 600 mm joint nominal width
- EI 120 on curtain walls up to 240 mm joint nominal width;
- No additional product for covering joints up to 200 mm;
- Ablative coating already applied;
- Easily compressible;
- No structural fixings.
AF SEISMIC JOINT
AF SEISMIC JOINT is a flexible protection designed and certified to seal expansion joints exposed to the risk of significant structural movements, such as in tall buildings or for application in seismic risk areas.
AF Seismic Joint advantages
- Flexible and easy to install;
- Coverage of joints up to 600 mm wide;
- Maximum permitted movement of +/- 50%;
- Fixings applicable to both exposed and unexposed side.